I know I say this every month, but I literally can not believe that my baby is already 7 months old! Here are his latest accomplishments:
He now weighs 19 lbs! We just bought our new car seat for our big boy. His infant car seat is getting really tight around his big belly!
Roman still eats 2 meals a day. He eats either baby oatmeal or rice cereal with a stage 2 baby food. Fruit in the morning and a vegetable at dinner. We also made baby food that he eats too. He loves to eat and sometimes I think he would just keep eating, so I have to stop him! So funny!
He is still taking 5 milk feedings a day. I am still nursing, but battling with my milk supply daily. I am currently taking 8 fenugreek pills a day! I don't want to stop yet, but I may not make it to my 1 year goal. I just want what is best for Roman, so if formula will be better, we might have to go that route. We'll see...
Roman can crawl!!! The first time was on October 1st! Six months was a huge milestone! It all started when I came home from work one day and told Matt that one of the other mom's who's son is one month older than Roman can crawl and pull up to stand. Matt looks at me dumbfounded and says, "So you're telling me that Roman is behind!" I am dying laughing!! The next day, Roman was crawling! Matt stayed home with him for a week and worked with him constantly. It finally took putting a laptop on the floor in front of him. Roman now crawls only when he sees something that he wants. Wow, mobility changes everything!!!
He can pull up to stand! The same day he started crawling, I put him in his crib and he pulled up to look out. This changes everything! Nap times are a little more difficult when I put him in the crib. He will crawl around, sit up, and then look out and cry for me. It's so sad, but cute!! It's like he's in a cage trying to get out!
Pulling up!
Standing on his own!!
Roman still sleeps around 11 hours at night with 3 naps. He's a great sleeper. The past few weeks, he's been waking up some in the middle of the night and moving around. I've even seen him sitting up in the crib on the monitor. I think he's just wanting to try out his new skills during the night. sigh...
Roman got his first big sickness. Matt was off for a week at a time and decided to keep Roman out of daycare because of the flu and H1N1. Sure enough, Roman got sick as soon as Matt left town for work! He had not been around anyone! My poor baby got a fever of 103.6! He had no other symptoms than fever. It was horrible to see him in pain. Roman and I got through it together. I managed to work from home a few days and even flew in Matt's mom one afternoon from Tulsa to help me out while I went to some work meetings. It was stressful! Roman is much better now and it's so great to see his little smile again!!
I can really start to see his personality now. He sits calmly and plays with himself a lot and then also likes to play with others. He is overall very "chill" and happy like his father and very determined and strong willed at times like his mommy. I love watching him grow and guiding him. I am so blessed to be his mom!! Thank you God for my little boy!!!
"Okay, sit still so I can take a picture of you..."

"No Roman, don't crawl off the couch!"
"No, sit still please!" Don't try to get the camera!"
Now, it's funny faces time!
Got ya! You're still cute even though you aren't smiling!
3 comments:
Way to go Roman! Life definitely changes when they become mobile and can pull to stand. He is all boy with his big motor skills!
So glad he is better and laughing again!
We need to get the babies together soon!
Ashley- what a big guy you have great detail on the post I know you'll really appreciate it next year when you are looking back on his accomplishments. I am always nearby if you need help in the future although I know grandma's aren't too hard to get down here.
He is just adorable!!! I can't believe he is crawling.... I knew he would be advanced!!! He is going to be tackling you before you know it!
Post a Comment