The Franks Family

The Franks Family

Friday, May 17, 2013

First

The first night home for little Hudson was my birthday. Matt made me feel so special by cooking a yummy dinner and getting a chocolate cake. The kids enjoyed singing to me and eating the cake, of course!
Hudson has been doing great while being at home. It's so fun to go through Roman's old baby clothes and dress Hudson. After his first week, he's been sleeping around three four-hour shifts. He's already starting to have some patterns. He nurses around 8:15-8:30 ish and then again around 12:00-12:30am, 4am ish and again around 7:30-8 am. I sleep after each of these feedings too, so I'm getting around 8 hours a night. I like his patterns so far!
The other night we gave him his first bath. I tried to bathe the other kids first. I turn around for 2 minutes and Roman had peed in the toilet. No problem, except Carmen decided to play in it and it was all in her hair and arms! Not to mention Hudson was screaming the entire time. By the time I bathe Hudson on the boys' bathroom sink, he shot pee everywhere and got all over Roman's tooth brush. Roman loves telling his friends that his baby brother peed on his toothbrush. It is absolutely non stop with three kids!!
Last night, I put Hudson in the baby Bjorne for the first time while the kids played outside. He did pretty good.
It's been an adventure adjusting to a family of five. We're living day by day and trying to embrace the craziness!











No comments: