Hudson Matthew Franks
May 9, 2013
9lb 2oz
22" long
It all started on May 8th. I had a doctor appointment that morning and after checking me, there was no new change. I left a little emotional and frustrated. Later that afternoon, I started having lots of contractions off and on. At one point I sat on the back porch watching tons of neighborhood kids playing in our backyard with Matt and the kids whiled timed contractions. It was crazy. Matt had a tennis finals match that night and I kept telling him to go ahead and play. I actually went up there to watch him play after I put the kids down to sleep. I was still having strong contractions, but nothing timetable. I knew it was either going to happen that night or would just stop and be another week. Sure enough, after being asleep for two hours, I started having extreme painful contractions at 1:30 am.
I showered and got ready and we headed to the hospital around 3:30 am. We were exhausted. I was dilated to a 5, with contractions 5 minutes apart. We were staying at the hospital and no doubt Hudson was on his way! No false alarms this time! I got the epidural around 6 am and Matt and I both took a hour nap. By 8:30 am, the midwife came in saying that it was getting time to push. Crazy! We waited for a little longer and after pushing for around 12 minutes, Hudson made his appearance. The midwife had me lean forward and literally pull him out after his shoulders were out. It was a crazy, beautiful experience! Hudson arrived at 9:21 am!!
He felt big, but we were all shocked to hear he was 9 lbs 2 oz and 22" long! Our biggest baby yet! I was pretty nauseous and dizzy afterwards from the epidural, so it took a little more time to recover.
We feel so blessed to have a healthy beautiful baby boy to complete our family. God has truly blessed us! We love you so much Hudson Matthew Franks!
 |
| Contractions are strong! I'm in labor and its 3am about time to head to the hospital! |
 |
| I'm ready! |
 |
| Almost time for his arrival |
 |
| Our big boy is here!! |
 |
| In love! |
 |
| We're so thrilled! |
 |
| Our big, healthy boy! |
 |
| Proud daddy! |
 |
| My heart is so full! |
1 comment:
Congratulations again Franks Family! Hudson is so precious and you have a beautiful family! Enjoy this crazy, wonderful time as a family of 5!
Post a Comment