I finally decided to sleep train Hudson. The doctor gave me the go ahead and I was exhausted! He was starting to wake up 2 times a night and then not eat well during the day.
I decided to do it over a weekend while Matt was flying. I fed him and made sure his diaper was clean and put him to bed at 7:30pm. The little guy woke up at 9:00 for about five minutes, again at 11pm, then at 2 am. He cried for about 20 minutes. It was brutal listening to him, but he finally stopped. The next night he woke again around 5 am and I let him cry. By Sunday, he slept 11 hours straight. He just needed to learn that night time isn't time to eat. It was tough, but so worth it. Thanks to my friend Lauren for helping me with the advice and moral support. He has slept 11-12 hrs for the past week now and eats so much better throughout the day too. He naps a little nap in the morning and then a 2 hour nap while Carmen naps from 2-4. I feel like we're doing great now. It's been a tough few months. Isn't there nothing sweeter than a precious sleeping baby?!! Love this boy so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment