We finally jumped all in the wheat bandwagon and drove to Woodstock, GA to stock up on whole wheat, barley, spelt, beans, millet, kamut, olive oil, honey, natural salt, and good yeast. That's right, the Franks are milling their own wheat!
We've been wanting to do this for a long time. We bought the mill a few months back, but just now since I'm done with cancer treatments, we're able to go all in.
Once the wheat kernel is cracked, it starts the oxidation process and loses all its nutrients in 72 hours. This is why store bought whole wheat always says it is enriched with vitamins and nutrients. We plan to mill the wheat and then make our bread weekly. This will not only save money, but we will receive all of the nutrients that God originally intended. The bible describes how to make bread.
“Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself..." (Ezekiel 4:9)
So we bought these ingredients and made Ezekiel bread. It is amazing! I made pancakes this morning with the Ezekiel mix and then made pizza dough for dinner tonight.
A few friends that brought us food while I was sick would bring us homemade bread and muffins from their milled wheat. They would pray over it for healing for my body. I believe it worked. This is just another way to be natural and feed our bodies real food.
We stocked up!


No comments:
Post a Comment