The Franks Family

The Franks Family

Monday, June 13, 2011

38 weeks!

I am 38 weeks pregnant and now it's just a waiting game! Here's the facts:
  • My belly is HUGE!
  • I still keep having real contractions every day about 3-5 times throughout the day and night, but nothing timeable yet.
  • I'm managing the horrific heat outside okay by staying indoors lots or in water.
  • I've gained 26 lbs so far. According to the nurse, I didn't gain anything last week. Strange, I guess she's close to her full weight.
  • I'm currently dilated at 1 and 50% effaced
  • She is very low! Nothing else to be said about that.
  • I walk and exercise so slowly now. It took me almost 45 minutes this morning to walk around our park. It normally takes less than 30!
  • I'm still craving fruits and anything "cool" like salads and juices
  • I'm actually sleeping okay! This is much better than when I was pregnant with Roman. I sleep around 8 hours every night right now with the exception of waking up to use the bathroom every two hours. I'm literally parched with water in the middle of the night. All times of the day too!
  • I'm running out of clothes to wear at an incredible pace! It's so funny to me that my maternity jeans and pants are so uncomfortable, but I can still wear my normal stretchy workout shorts and pants. I live in workout clothes, pajamas, and dresses. No need to buy more maternity clothes now!
  • Nesting is in full gear! There is nothing else to nest! The car seat is in the car, the swings are out and ready, the pack-n-play is set up, baby blankets and clothes are washed, and my bag is packed!
  • I'm definitely not as anxious about her coming as I was with Roman. I know that Carmen will be here in God's perfect timing and I'm just trying to embrace these last few days as a family of three.

No comments: