The Franks Family

The Franks Family

Friday, June 17, 2011

False Alarm!

Yesterday afternoon I truly thought I was going into labor. I took Roman to the kiddie pool with a couple of my friends and had a continual cramping feeling the whole time. I just ignored it and went on. By the time we came back home my contractions were 3 minutes apart. I got Matt to hurry up and we were at the hospital by 1 pm. I even had my mom hop in the car and drive from Missouri. The contractions started to slow down once we got to the hospital and then sped up again. It was so strange! I even started dilating more. I'm at a three now. Sure enough, the contractions just stopped! I look back now and think that I was probably overheated from the pool considering it was 100 degrees outside and dehydrated. Oops! No more outside time for us!

Matt was driving me crazy while waiting in the hospital!
The nurse said I couldn't eat! Screw that! Give me food Matt!!!

The best thing about leaving the hospital yesterday afternoon was knowing that we could go home to a huge steak dinner and leftover birthday cake. Nothing like food to make everything better! Now my mom is here and we're all just waiting for Carmen. At least I got to keep my hair appointment today! I think Carmen just wanted to wait so mommy could get her hair done for the pictures later. She's so sweet and thoughtful! We can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Been thinking about you! Hope you are hanging in ther with this heat. Your princess will be here soon!