Christmas seems almost like a blur because I was in a chemo fog. Christmas Eve, we had dinner with my mom at our house. Ashley Jansen was so awesome to cook us dinner for Christmas Eve night, Christmas breakfast, and Christmas dinner! Incredible! I was able to eat it all, I was just extremely tired. Matt was so awesome to help put the kids to bed that night, do all the dishes, set up santa's cookies and milk, and then get all the santa gifts out for the kids. I slept through most of it all. I just remember trying to talk to him while we were in bed watching It's a Wonderful Life, but I kept falling asleep. It's amazing how tired the chemo makes you! The kids didn't know anything was different and had a blast!
 |
| Setting out cookies and milk for Santa |
 |
| cookies and milk for santa |
 |
| Roman had to leave out food for the reindeer. So cute! |
Christmas morning came with Roman knocking on our door at 7:30 so excited! He noticed that Santa had eaten his cookies and there were more gifts under the tree!
 |
| Christmas morning! |
 |
| Daddy and Carmen opening gifts |
 |
| So many gifts and Hudson loved the wrapping on everything! |
 |
| Roman got his Jake legos from Santa just like he asked! |
 |
| Meema came over after breakfast. Carmen loved her doll from Meema |
 |
| Jake's treasure box from Meema! |
 |
| Our little handsome cutie loved Christmas too! |
We spent most of Christmas day in our jammies just hanging around the house. I took a few naps and we all relaxed. It was a good day. We were so sad not to be in Tulsa with all of Matt's family as we had planned, but we got to be at home as a family with my mom. We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment